Monday, February 14, 2011

Repair Firewall Configuration with Remote Tech Support

I recently downloaded an antivirus in order to upgrade my security setting. However after downloading the software, I was not able download movies and other music files. This problem just seems to come all out of a sudden; everything had been working fine for two weeks. I then tried to reconfigure the settings of the antivirus to all me to download the file, as I thought that the antivirus software was mistaking the file downloads to be an illegal file operation.

After I couldn’t configure the antivirus to enable me to download the file, I thought that something may be wrong with my Internet browser. As a result I tried to configure the option of the browser to enable me to download automatically without prompting me. At first it seemed that I will be able to download the file from the Internet but still got a message from the antivirus stating that I did not have the sufficient rights or privileges to download the file. My last resort was to change the firewall settings of my operating system, but to my avail, I was not successful in doing that as well.

After giving up hope, I called up tech support to help me troubleshoot with the issue. The technician at the other end was very helpful in understanding my situation. He ran a quick diagnostic of my PC and helped me in firewall configuration. I got to know from him that all this while there was a simple issue within the antivirus itself as the firewall setting were set at a higher level. The technician just lowered the settings for me so that I could download the files from the Internet. After doing so he cross checked whether I could download any files. After a successful download of a music file, he told me that the problem was only with the firewall settings of the antivirus.

I was quite relieved to hear this. From next time onwards I will only contact tech support for firewall help.

More at: http://directlinkarticles.com/2011/02/10/repairing-firewall-configuration-through-remote-tech-support/

More Related Articles:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger